DECI packages items such as retail products, telecommunication hardware, health care supplies, and electronic components. Our packaging processes can also incorporate bundling, boxing, collating, counting, heat sealing, and shrink-wrapping.
Warehousing and Distribution
DECI’s strategic location offers a competitive advantage when deploying our logistics services. We can satisfy short or long-term storage needs while providing value-added distribution and stock fulfillment services. We have the capacity to handle large volumes of material – including the disposition of sea storage containers and use of our warehouse racking system. Other system applications include Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Barcoding.
DECI contributes to the recycling of a broad range of items, including computer and telecommunication components. We disassemble and sort items for reconditioned or alternate uses.
We can manage material through a consignment agreement or take ownership of your inventory. DECI has the resources, expertise, and knowledge to purchase material from you or your suppliers to assist in managing your supply chain.
Sorting, Assembly, Disassembly, Inspection, and Testing
We sort, assemble, disassemble, inspect, test a wide variety of products. Customers find it time and cost efficient to coordinate these activities at DECI.
Transportation and Logistics
DECI has its own fleet of trucks and licensed commercial drivers to handle local deliveries. When the need is beyond the local area, we can network with carriers to ensure the efficient transport of material across the country or beyond.
DECI owns more than 300,000 square feet of climate-controlled office, production and warehouse space.
We are situated on thirteen acres in Durham, North Carolina – only minutes from the Research Triangle Park, RDU International Airport and Interstate Highways 40 & 85. DECI has a diverse customer base, shipping a variety of items throughout the United States and worldwide.
Annually we contract with over 50 companies, allowing us to employ and train greater then 250 individuals. We do not design or manufacture products of our own – we focus on working with our customers’ products. The income we earn from these commercial contracts provides financial support to our vocational training programs. It also serves as a source for capital reinvestment, which enables us to continually improve our service to customers.
Advantages of DECI
- Flexibility of space and workforce that allows you to meet fluctuating production demands
- Assistance with managing the peripheral products and services of your company, creating more time for you to focus on core business concerns
- Strategic location adjacent to the Research Triangle Park and major transportation routes
- Ability to expedite delivery of your products to the marketplace
- Reduction of your operating costs
- Association with our reputation for quality. DECI’s quality management systems are registered to ISO 9001:2008 standards and certified by SAI Global.
- Access to our facility - 300,000 square foot masonry building equipped with sixteen loading dock doors and fifteen-foot ceilings
- Climate control, sprinkler system and security protection throughout the facility
- Satisfaction from knowing that your company is serving the community by helping provide jobs for people with disabilities